You must have been trained on the microscope that you are scheduling, and been approved for use of the microscope (see general expectations) in order to schedule use. Users who miss their scheduled time will be billed for the entire duration. If you anticipate missing your scheduled time, you must cancel 24 hours in advance. Use of a microscope without proper training and/or signing up online will result in microscope access being revoked.
- The BioFrontiers Advanced Imaging Resource schedule is located online.
- Go to JSCBBCal (jscbbcal.colorado.edu)
- Log in with your identikey. If you cannot log into jscbbcal, contact core facility director.
- Select the microscope you would like, on the day that you are interested in.
- Provide your name and lab information in the title of the reservation.
- Press the button Create, on the bottom right corner of the page to submit your request.
NOTE: The Confocal/TIRF A1R microscope is heavily used and we have new rules on how long people can image on this microscope. You can sign up for a maximum of 3 hours from 9am to 5pm on weekdays. Long-term imaging must begin at 5:00 PM. After 5:00 PM you can use it continuously until 8:00 AM the next morning. However, you cannot sign up for 2:00 PM, and then go overnight. This practice is limiting access to the microscope and causing scheduling challenges. On the weekends, you can begin at 5:00 PM on Friday and go as long as you would like.